Wednesday, September 22, 2010

I can ride my bike with no handlebars, no handlebars

This is me typing with one hand. I'm so proud I could applaud myself,
but I've only got...
the one...
hand...

I've got not one, but two runny nosed sicklies. :(
The youngest of which is absolutely bone tired,
but will only sleep upright,
in the rocking chair (which also happens to be the computer chair),
head rested on my bosom,
feet dangling on either side of me.
Any deviation and she wakes up wailing.
Which doesn't bother me so much because I am grateful for anything that forces me to ignore any task that isn't snuggling my ever changing, sweet smelling, love bug, Scarlett.
Except that she has an older sister.
Who is also sick.
Who also needs my love and attention.
Who does not have a pause button.
Who likes to throw tantrums and wake Scarlett.
And I'm going to admit the thing you are never supposed to admit about the feeling you are never supposed to feel. You are supposed to feel sympathy and  want to wipe tears and noses and snuggle when your toddler feels sick.
And yesterday I did. I felt so bad for my TennyBear.
But today. Today I felt like running in the other direction.
I had to remind myself to be kind and patient when I looked at her.
When she threw her tired poor little sick self on the floor and bellowed, my first reaction was not to run to her.
Quite the opposite.
How awful is that?
How awful am I?

She is pretty cute though. I hate that I lose my cool and forget how wonderful she really is.


I cannot wait to have a good camera and add gorgeous, hilarious, inspiring, and clear photos of my children. Of course that should wait until bills are caught up. At that rate I'll  have a camera when we retire. I think I'd rather be irresponsible and have the photos. Oh, to be young and broke.

No comments:

Post a Comment