Tuesday, May 10, 2011



This week's challenge over at iHeartFaces 
is motherhood. 
This is my Mother with my youngest daughter Scarlett. 
She is the epitome of honorable Motherhood:
a little bit crazy and utterly selfless. 
She may give you the speech about how she has to do things to take care of herself, 
because you have to take care of yourself first and bla bla bla. 
But the truth is this woman puts down everything she is doing, anytime you call, 
no matter who you are, 
to help you.
Big deal or small, she'll be there.
This is for the woman who went to every choir performance, 
every doctor's appointment, and even (as an office clerk at the school I attended) 
threatened disciplinary action to the boy I liked in the 7th grade if he wasn't nice to me.
She is the best Mom in the world because she isn't just my Mom, 
she is maternal toward everyone she meets.
I love you, Mom.

Make sure to check out the other beautiful faces of Motherhood entered over at iheartfaces.com!

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful moment and beautiful words to go along with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sweet photo. You can see the love of mother and daughter shine through on this photo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. precious.. I love the emotion you captured in this photo.

    ReplyDelete