Wednesday, June 22, 2011

remembering

This morning I'd been reminiscing about Tenley and thinking how adorable it is when little children misunderstand, mis hear, and mispronounce everything, and how bittersweet it is when they finally get it right.
Today she was walking on the sidewalk, wheeling her fuschia/multi-colored, tot sized, Dora the Explore suitcase behind her saying, "See? I got my soup-case! I got my soup-case Mommy!"
I melted.
And not just because it was 110 outside.
Today she asked me to draw her smiley faces, and I couldn't remember when she stopped calling them "happy bubbles".
Raising growing babes is so bittersweet.
And exhausting.
And wonderful.
And at times when people don't understand what you are up against,
extremely invalidating.
But I love it all the same,
I love being a Mom and I love my girls.

1 comment:

  1. So sweet and true. This time in life goes all too fast and it's hard to keep up because we are exhausted from lack of sleep. To remember, we write about those moments that touch us, take pictures and drink in every moment we can.

    Love from one mother to another,
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete