Thursday, October 1, 2009

The first of many to come

This is my blog.

I am the mother of beautiful and cunning daughter named Tenley, who is now 21 startling months old, and the mother to be of a player to be named later swimming around in my uterus.

I am wife to a wonderful and handsome, albeit clueless and messy, husband.

I am very young. Not so young that I haven't been ordering my own cocktails for a few years, but not old enough to rent a car without the young idiot premium.

I am starting this blog to catalog my life as a mother. To put to paper, so to speak, the fleeting childhoods of my little ones. I am starting this in hopes of creating a place where other Mom's can share the ups and downs of everyday parenting with me. It is in the play by play moments that we experience our fullest joys, our most intense disappointments, our most anguishing frustrations, and our most amusing surprises. Truth is always stranger, and often more compelling and amusing, than fiction.

It is so refreshing to me to read the tid bit updates of another tired Mom's day on facebook. It gives me comfort in the comradeship that another Mother experiences the same things I do. From happiness to self doubt, to things even grosser than my one year old's poop/sock/taco concoction she "made" for me in the hallway.

To call myself talented would be reaching, but I do believe I have a way of telling a story. A way that makes you feel however I may be feeling and connect it to your own experience. This is for me, and this is for you, fellow "Lazy Mom's". Read and retreat. We'll laugh and cry it out together.

Or no one will read this. Whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment