Thursday, October 1, 2009

Spoots

Today Tenley uttered her first complete sentence. "Oopsh! I dropped it on da flowa!"
I was beaming with pride until I realized that "it" was a bowl full of yogurt. I wished I could have laughed in beguilement right then and let the mess fairies take care of the splattered yogurt. Things are decidedly less funny when they are attached to a mess with my name written all over it .

One of the most amusing things about toddlers is their loose understanding of the concept of deceivability. It's annoying, amusing and charmingly innocent all at the same time. After her first exclamation came a second, "Uh oh! Oh no!" It was so sincere. As if to make me believe she was bewitched into overturning her breakfast, and was genuinely shocked that it happened. Her trust in the fact that I will believe everything from her mouth leads me to think that she will believe that anything that may escape from mine.

Now...to use my powers for good or evil...?

Also, new word today: Spoots! Thats Tenley for "Please help me put on my boots before I hurl them, unavoidably toward some open container of food or drink."

No comments:

Post a Comment