Thursday, February 17, 2011

Annual Sushi Birthday Dinner: Mr An's

I've always thought Sushi tasted like licking a dirty fish hook, but this trip around I split my teppan meal with my brother in law's girlfriend and re opened my palette to sushi. With the help of my family and the gracious Bean, I am now liking *some* sushi. The seared Troy roll was delish, I liked the Tempura roll (neither of those are really "sushi" are they?), and of course the Philly because I love cream cheese. Jon and my in laws are much more adventurous with their Sushi, ordering "real sushi", aka raw fish on top of just rice and sea weed. 
Barf.



Tenley and Scarlett were quite confused by the Teppan fire. Tenley more scared, Scarlett more fascinated.



Usually we all do a quail egg shooter (it's not alcohol, its a raw egg/soy/salmon roe/other crap concoction) but they were out of quail egg! So we all ordered snot oyster shooters. I couldn't do it, I got down to the oyster and it's sliminess touched my lips and I buckled. I draw the line with oysters.





We finished with Mo-chi (sp?) ice cream. Don't have a picture for that. I was too busy sharing poorly with others.



No comments:

Post a Comment