Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Lazy Friday. So Lazy it came on Tuesday

Don't judge me. It was my birthday.

Anyway, this is less of a helpful tid bit and more of a photographic alibi for my Lazy Friday absence. 

My hubby's birthday falls the day before mine and I wanted to make him a cake this year. Y'know, the wifely thing to do. At first I thought I would be all fancy and make something with fondant. After I finished laughing off that idea, I went out and bought some cake mix and Pillsbury icing in a can . Well, the least I could to was make him a layered cake out of it instead of plain ol' frosted cake in a rectangular pan.

Yeah that didn't work out.
Apparently, if you forget to mix in the egg before you pour the batter into the rounds...you shouldn't go all ninja mixer with the fork trying to mix it in after the fact. You will take the flour and grease off the edges of your pan and end up with something like this when you try and take the cake out of the pan:




So the second round stayed in the pan and got frosted and icing lettered with my atrocious unsteady lettering skills. If I haven't said it already, my husband is one lucky fellow. 




And on top of it all I had my hands full with a very disgruntled three year old with a bad cold.
Yes. That is snot smear under her nose. 



1 comment:

  1. Heehee Your posts always make me laugh! I wish I was as clever as you...

    ReplyDelete