Saturday, January 8, 2011

January 4th was all about Tenley

My Gooperpea turned three on the 4th
Even though Tenley does not understand
what the heck a birthday is,
(when asked how old she was, she replied "Santa")
I decided that I would honor it anyway and let her choose activities for the day.



First on a three year old's birthday agenda:
Woodoff The Wed Nose Waindeeow
I kid you not, that's what she wanted to do: watch Rudolph.
(Three year olds understand neither that Christmas goes away on the 26th,  
nor that Rudolph and Santa and the like go with it)
She was allowed to invite a guest to her movie.
She invited Baby. 
No. Not her sister. Her baby doll.
Whose name is Baby.
I've tried to push her to be more inventive, but she is very firm in her choice, it's name is Baby.
According to the pronoun she uses, I would venture to say it's a girl, although she refers to her often as:
" lil fella"
I've gone on a tangent, 
I'll circle back.


Baby needed to get comfortable for her cinematic experience.
Tenley is a thoughtful mom and provided Baby with a blanket and a gentle tucking in.
 What a nice Momma

Ten noticed that Baby was having a hard time watching the movie from the floor,
so she gave her a better view.
and a "sthnack"





Peasants
Then she gets to open her present that Daddy picked out for her himself.
You won't be able to see, but it's more Fisher Price Little People.
These things have literally taken over our lives.
As sick as I am of the fracking Little People, they've really been helping Tenley. All of this hyper drive pretending is really building her language.





Birthday Breakfast
Growing up, on our birthdays my Mom always made my sister and I strawberry waffles/pancakes with powdered sugar before school. 
To this day I schlep over to my Mommy's in the early A.M. on my birthday for breakfast.
I wanted to carry on the tradition for my girls too, so I made Tenley banana batter waffles in the Disney Princess waffle maker with strawberries and powdered sugar.
I'm not gonna lie, they were muy delish.



Tenley really enjoyed them too :)





Cuisine of choice
Tenley wanted to go have McDonald's for her dinner and pway on the pwaygwound.
She was very disappointed when we arrived at eight P.M. and there were no other children there.
Broken hearted she yelled "Where da kidsth, Mom?! Where are day?"
It's a good thing Auntie Carly was there to save the day. 




On Sunday we are having a family dinner.
Because, she isn't confused enough yet.

1 comment:

  1. jacque!! It's me Caweeena. Love the story of her day. Love her. Love you.

    So freaking cute. Now I am left with craving waffles.

    ReplyDelete